|Address:||13133 E. Arapahoe Rd, Suite 100
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Christopher Price is an associate at the firm specializing in representation of local governments. Chris currently serves as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of Centennial and assists with the firm’s other local government clients. His practice includes advising clients on issues concerning constitutional law, special districts, construction contracting, real property, code enforcement, liquor licensing, municipal prosecution, public records, marijuana regulation, civil litigation, eminent domain, sale and use tax, and zoning and land use planning law.
Chris has practiced local government law since 2007 and has appeared before Colorado district and appellate courts on behalf of local government clients. Prior to working in local government law, Chris spent eight years working in regulatory compliance for a mutual fund company.
- B.S., DePaul University, Chicago, IL 1992
- J.D., University of Denver, Sturm College of Law, Denver, CO 2006
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND BAR ADMISSIONS
- Colorado Supreme Court, 2006
- A Step by Step Guide to Responding to Records Requests, Special District Association Annual Conference, Keystone Resort, Colorado, September 23, 2015.
- Beware the Pitfalls of Real Property Acquisitions, Special District Association Annual Conference, Keystone Resort, Colorado, September 11, 2014.
- Regulatory Takings and Colorado’s Emerging Marijuana Industry, Eminent Domain, CLE International, Denver, Colorado, August 5, 2013.
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Land Law for Civil Engineers and Land Surveyors, Denver, Colorado, October 14, 2010.
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries: When local zoning is a buzz kill (and other emerging issues), 2010 Annual City and County Manager Association Winter Conference, Glenwood Springs, Colorado, February 20, 2010.
- Medical Marijuana Dispensaries, 2009 Annual Seminar on Municipal Law, Estes Park, Colorado, October 10, 2009.
- Regulating Speech in the Public Fora, 2007 Annual Seminar on Municipal Law, Glenwood Springs, Colorado, October 12, 2007.
- Local Government Sales and Use Taxes, The Colorado Lawyer, July 2011, Vol. 40 No. 7, pages 61-72. (with Patrick Wilson)
- The Doctrine of Preemption and Regulating Oil and Gas Development, The Colorado Lawyer, October 2009, Vol. 38 No. 10, pages 47-52. (with Gerald E. Dahl and Debra Kalish)