|Address:||13133 E. Arapahoe Rd, Suite 100
Centennial, Colorado 80112
Bob Widner is a founding partner of the law firm of Widner Juran LLP. His legal practice has consistently focused upon local government representation with a special emphasis in land use planning law.
Bob serves as the City Attorney for the City of Centennial. Founded in 2001, Centennial is one of the larger municipalities in the State of Colorado and the Denver metropolitan area with a population of approximately 105,000. Bob is responsible for all aspects of Centennial’s legal needs and supervises and coordinates the services of the attorneys of Widner Juran, as well as specialized outside counsel, in the delivery of high-quality legal services to Centennial.
Bob also serves as an adjunct professor with the University of Colorado School of Law where he teaches Land Use Planning Law. In 2015, Bob is a fellow of the International Municipal Lawyers Association (IMLA) and one of fewer than 80 attorneys worldwide to hold that distinction as a recognized expert in municipal government law. Bob was elected in 2015 to the Executive Board of the Colorado Municipal League, a nonpartisan organization representing Colorado cities and towns through advocacy, training, research, and lobbying on municipal issues.
Prior to forming Widner Juran, Bob was a partner with the Denver law firm of Gorsuch Kirgis LLP. His experience is derived from nearly 30 years of representation of local governments in service as the city or town attorney for the municipalities of Cherry Hills Village, Arvada, Lyons, Hot Sulphur Springs, and the county attorney for Park County, Colorado. In addition, Bob has provided special project advice and counsel on land use and regulatory projects for the municipalities of Lakewood, Loveland, Crested Butte, and Fort Collins, and the Lowry Redevelopment Authority.
- B.A., Geography, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO, 1984
- J.D., University of Kansas School of Law, Lawrence, KS, 1989
- Kansas Law Review; American Jurisprudence Award in Contract Law
- M.U.R.P., Master of Urban and Regional Planning, University of Colorado, Denver, CO, 1992
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND BAR ADMISSIONS
- United States Supreme Court
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations
- Colorado Supreme Court
- Colorado Municipal League
- American Planning Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Colorado Supreme Court